NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning),a project funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development is a joint initiative of the IITs and IISc. NPTEL has been offering self-study courses across engineering, humanities and science streams for more than a decade.Our institution has established a dedicated NPTEL local chapter which enables us to establish a fruitful relationship with the NPTEL nodal office and other participating colleges.
Highlights of NPTEL
- From March 2014 NPTEL has been offering online certification for its courses, the highlight being the certification exam through which the student gets an opportunity to earn a certificate from IISc and IITs.
- Enrolling and learning from the course involves no cost.
- Evaluate themselves on how they compare against the pool of students nationwide
- Variety of programs and courses - Engineering, Science, Humanities, Management, are the disciplines of courses offered, which enables the students can try pursuing learning in areas other than their expertise and interest
- Taking up NPTEL online certification courses will surely upgrade their knowledge base and help them keep up with today’s technological development
- Clarify doubts with course instructors – via email, discussion forum and other online media.
- The main benefits of participating in an online course under NPTEL are that the student can review and assess his own progress week after week and also get his doubts clarified mutually or by the faculty in charge or by mentors, immediately, which enables him understand the subject better