The field of electronics and communication engineering (ECE) involves developing and testing electronic circuits and communication devices such as transmitters, receivers, and integrated circuits. In this domain, engineers often need to use the principles of digital and analogue transmission. As part of this field of engineering, engineers also work with microprocessors, solid-state devices, satellite communication tools, circuits, and electronic devices.
Developing quality technical education through innovation and teamwork for an everlasting technology development in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
To train graduates to meet future global challenges and to impart quality technical education in order to serve the needs of the society, industry and scientific community.
Program Outcomes (POs)
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Apply the knowledge of basic sciences, basic mathematics and engineering fundamentals to analyse specific engineering problems relevant to electronics and communication engineering.
PSO2: Use the concepts of Signal Processing, VLSI, Embedded system and Communication systems to provide solutions to real time problems.
PSO3: Use modern hardware and software tools to solve complex problems.
Special Interest Groups
The department has following special interest groups
- Embedded Systems
Promoters: Asst. Prof. Rahul V. A. & Asst. Prof. Nithin C.
- Signal Processing
Promoters: Asst. Prof. Ann Mary George
- Highly qualified, experienced & dedicated faculty.
- Excellent infrastructure & facilities
- Excellent Placements.
- Invited Lecture Series providing the platform for distinguished speakers to interact with students.
- High-quality laboratory facilities with advanced Microwave and Digital Labs.
- Fully automated library and subscription to quality online/ print journals.
- Regular Industrial tours & visits.
- Value-Added programmes & personality development programmes on offer.